Hartheimer In The News
- Robert Hartheimer interviewed on NPR's Marketplace Business--Aug 14, 2013-- Ex-JPMorgan employees charged. Who else should be worried
by the London Whale?
>> View the Marketplace Business article here
Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond - 2012 Credit Markets Symposium, March 29-30, 2012,
Charlotte, North Carolina
- Robert Hartheimer addresses the conference on Risk Management: Governance and Infrastructure
>> View the Conference Website
>> View the Full Program Agenda
>> View Hartheimer's Presentation Materials
Midwinter Housing Finance Conference, February 9-11, 2012, Park City, Utah
- Robert Hartheimer addresses the Midwinter Housing Finance Conference on "New Prudential Regulations From Dodd-Frank (Living Wills, Volcker and the FRB's Enhanced Prudential Regulations) and the Impact on Bank Transactions"
- NEW HAVEN, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 2, 2012-- Higher One announced today that Robert Hartheimer was elected to its board of directors with a term expiring at the 2012 Annual Meeting of Stockholders.
>> View the Higher One press release here
Midwinter Housing Finance Conference, February 10-12, 2011, Park City, Utah
- Robert Hartheimer introduces Federal Reserve Governor Sarah Bloom Raskin at the Midwinter Housing Finance Conference in her second public speech, "Putting the Low Road Behind Us" since becoming a Member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve.
>> View Governor Raskin's Remarks
>> View Hartheimer's Introduction of Governor Raskin
- Robert Hartheimer addresses Midwinter Housing finance conference on:
- The current state of consolidation of financial institutions; and
- Bank recapitalizations and FDIC assisted acquisitions.
- Click on photos of Hartheimer and Raskin at the Midwinter Conference
- SPOKANE, Wash. — Sept. 23, 2010 — Sterling Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: STSA), ("Sterling"), the bank holding company of Sterling Savings Bank, has received regulatory approval for Robert H. Hartheimer to join the board of directors.
>> View the Sterling Financial press release here
FBR Capital Markets, Regulatory Summit, April 8, 2010, Washington, DC
- Robert Hartheimer chaired one of three panels at this one-day regulatory summit. His panel focused on community banking bringing together senior Federal and State regulators to discuss the community banking business model in today’s environment.
>> View the Regulatory Summit materials
- July 17, 2008, Ongoing gloomy economic reports and a bank failure in California have investors and consumers on edge. A look at health of the banking industry and the ongoing fall out from the subprime mortgage crisis. Guests: Robert Hartheimer; Bert Ely consultant, financial services industry; Kathleen Day Center for Responsible Lending; and James Leach, former Congressman and chair, National Endowment for the Humanities.
>> Listen to this show
- February 10, 2009, President Obama’s economic team prepares to announce a new bail-out plan for the nation’s banks. An update on the U.S. economy and White House efforts to restore confidence in the financial system. Guests: Robert Hartheimer; Edmund Andrews, reporter, The New York Times; Diane Casey-Landry Chief Operating Officer, American Bankers Association; and Alex Pollock, resident fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, and former president and CEO of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago.
>> Listen to this show
- September 25, 2008, Kudlow & Company conducted a telephone interview with Robert Hartheimer to discuss the imminent failure of Washington Mutual Bank and pending purchase by J.P. Morgan Chase.
- September 7, 2008, The Dangers of Buying an Unfamiliar Business, Community Banking Supplement.
Sterling's sudden decision to sell itself is an object lesson in what can happen to a community banking company when executives at the parent do not monitor a subsidiary closely, according to industry observers.
See full article
- January 13, 2006, Take A Business Approach to Compliance
Banks need to treat compliance with regulation like a separate business line. In the past five years regulation has increased tremendously. Though intended to protect consumers, fight financial terrorism, and enhance corporate governance, the extra regulation can also produce migraines and hit the bottom line.
>> See full article
- April 7, 2008, De Novo Cyber Roundtable
Robert Hartheimer and other experts consider what they consider the greatest challenge facing de novo banks and what is needed to do to set up an effective risk management program for a de novo bank.
>> See full article